Located in the heart of the national forest in the historic mining town of Coalville, which borders the uplands of Charwood Forest, Calder Colours Limited was founded by Collinson H. Parsons in 1926.
In the beginning, Calder Colours produced soap bars. After the Second World War, this was replaced by the development and manufacture of a wide range of artist materials.
This growth continues to this day. The Calder Colours team are constantly improving and re-inventing the product range to adapt to the modern market.
In 2012, the factory was purchased by Designworks.